i Ideal Isar HE24 - no water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have been updating a house and the boiler has not been used since Oct 2010 (believe it was installed December 2009). Due to works all radiators were taken off so there is not water within the central heating system, hence the pressure dial on the boiler shower 0. We have now put all the radiators back on and have tried fireing up the boiler. I realise we need water in the system but when we release / turn the valve behind the pressure dial it does not do anything. Is it possible something is stuck / rusted etc inside as above the dial within the boiler box the pipe is hot. Is there any other way of getting water in the system?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can I assume that by the lever behind the pressure dial you mean the isolator on the ch?

If so this is not where you fill the system from.

You need to locate a flexible filling loop that will have either one valve or a valve at each end that needs opening.

Thanks.
Have looked at some images of a filling loop and I remember seeing something similar on top of the boiler when we first bought the house so hopefully it will be in one of the storage boxes. Had completely forgotten about it.

Thanks for you help.

If a boiler has not been used for a while then I would usually advise that a boiler is called to service/check it out.

The pump often seizes when not used for a while but can usually be spun to start it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi there, my boiler like savannah's has just had new rads put on but hasn't been fired up in a long while. Just filled the system and water started p***ing out of where the heat exchanger is:(. Got the exchanger off and will replace the o-rings and hopefully that will fix it. But did notice that there was no water flow from the hot taps in the house. The exchanger didn't have any blockages, so what might be the issue to the no flow? Any ideas or advice is greatly received:)
Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back