Logik LVD7W15 Tumble dryer fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

This is my 1st thread so I hope I’ve done this right. I did have a search through the forum but can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.

I have a logik tumble dryer that keeps blowing its 3amp plug fuse. When turned on all seems fine, then when I press start it goes bang.

So far I’ve checked continuity of the thermal fuse, thermostat and element, all seems fine. I put a meter on lowest setting and tested the element and am getting 28ohms which after googling looks good? The only other thing I’ve read about is the main filter. It looks in good condition but I’m not sure how to test. Does anyone know if this could be the cause or if there’s anything that I’m missing please? I was also wondering if it was worth my while disconnecting all electrical components, turning the machine on and gradually adding back one at a time until it blows again, or would it not work?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well it had a moulded sealed plug when I bought it brand new. It Has been running on 3amps for around 3yrs now. I’d like to think that the manufacturer knows what fuse is needed maybe?? I’ve cut it off just in case the plug was at fault and fitted a new one. (Thought it maybe earthing it self out) . Still no change

Sponsored Links
It is protected by a rcd. I’ve had the machine from new and have never had to change a fuse on it until now. I’ve changed like for like. Odd one. I never knew there was a recall on these models. I’m not sure where I stand with that now as it has additional problems, also if it’s worth calling when it’s not running correctly. Thanks for the info jj4091.

The recall is for faulty heaters which could well be your problem. If it is anything like the Hotpoint recall they will just replace or at least give you the opportunity to replace with a different model. I suspect that is what will happen as yours appears to be no longer available. On that basis they may not even take the old one away but I doubt they will try to repair it. Either way you have nothing to loose by calling them & telling them you have a machine affected by a recall & see what they say.

Thanks for your help jj4091. I will definitely chase that recall. I did the sums to see what size fuse was needed as you and foxhole mentioned a 13amp should be used (2000w divided by voltage.240v +10% and it should of had min of 9.1amp fitted. It’s had a 3amp from new with no trouble, so I’ve put a 13amp as you both suggest and it’s only got it’s 1st load in but hasn’t blown yet. I can’t work out how this hasn’t blown sooner and why the manufacturer fitted a 3amp now. Thank you both for your info and help , much appreciated.

You should still follow up the recall as it appears faulty elements may be causing fires. I also forgot to mention before that if they offer a different model it will be at a discounted rate not free.

I definitely will, it’s not worth the risk leaving it. I will chase them 1st thing Monday. Thanks again for all of your help.

Hi MM1980... Did it all work out for you? I've had the same problem and my fuse is a 3amp one too.

Although the on off switch doesn't seem to be energising.

Just wondered how you got on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back