London Town, Ghost Town

your materials are £50+ with a standard panel door. thats without your fuel mot fetching and carrying. your on less than £100 for a job that could turn into a 2-3 day nightmare. not to mention making up skirting cutting thresholds, carpets etc. your too cheap.
Yes I was wondering the same thing, but I guess Johnny was talking about a straightforward swap.

Sponsored Links
I work only in mm , which is why i’m sooooooo fekkin gooood.
I've spent years having to interpret chippies measurements -in fact my old site manager used to quote lengths in feet n inches and section in mms

What worse is when he used to give me a length "it's 207 long"......which could be 207mm 2007mm 2070mm or something else

And women - they use cms I don't know why.

I've spent years having to interpret chippies measurements -in fact my old site manager used to quote lengths in feet n inches and section in mms

What worse is when he used to give me a length "it's 207 long"......which could be 207mm 2007mm 2070mm or something else

everything is measured in floor tiles where the wife is concerned. floor tiles in our kitchen 600mm .
or if it’s smaller we measure in rulers (30cm).
“how many rulers are the blinds on the landing?). “
or
“how many tiles are the curtains in the living room?”

John: A person on average earnings can no longer get a mortgage to buy a house of average cost, like they could when Mottie bought his first house

Benny: But people not on average earnings can buy homes that are not of average cost

John: A person of average height is not seven foot tall.

Benny: But some tall people are six foot six.

My statement still stands, and is still true.

Sponsored Links
John: A person on average earnings can no longer get a mortgage to buy a house of average cost, like they could when Mottie bought his first house

Benny: But people not on average earnings can buy homes that are not of average cost

John: A person of average height is not seven foot tall.

Benny: But some tall people are six foot six.

My statement still stands, and is still true.
anyone who made me laugh out loud won the debate .

Unless you're a carpenter you don't need to understand.
We go by the tenth of mm, use inches nd figures that don't make sense to anyone but us.
End result is perfection to everyone surprise.

40 years ago round my way, £100 was an average weeks wages.
An acre of land cost £1000.
Now £500 is an average weeks wages.
And an acre will cost a minimum of £10,000.
The land costs 10 times more and the wages only increased 5 fold.
As mottie says.... they don't make it anymore.
But they keep making people.
In 40 years from now it will become even more precious.

Don't tell Wobs; he reckons the world can easily cope with 12 billion - odd.

No.

I have said a person on average earnings, and I have said a house of average price.

The fact that there are homes of lower price, and people of higher earnings, is irrelevant to what I said.

And what you said is irrelevant.

Sponsored Links
Back