Long concrete screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to attach 50mm PIR through 75mm battens to our 215mm solid brick wall. So looking for a conc screen at least 250mm long. Can anyone recommend any?

Sponsored Links
Why can't you just fix the PIR to the battens? That's what I did when applying PIR to the walls.

You could then use insulation washers (eBay) to hold the PIR to the battens, using normal screws.

250mm screws will be expensive and probably something like deck screws.

Sponsored Links
Why can't you just fix the PIR to the battens? That's what I did when applying PIR to the walls.

You could then use insulation washers (eBay) to hold the PIR to the battens, using normal screws.

250mm screws will be expensive and probably something like deck screws.

I'd prefer to keep the battens on the "warm" side.

Are you fitting plasterboard over the top?

wall, PIR, battens, PIR infill, cross batten (service void), then PB.

You could use 2 x 1 as the batten instead, 12.5mm plasterboard + 25mm batten + 50mm PIR + wall? 60mm... so a 150mm wood screw would do.

Sorry, started before saw your post.! infil etc

You could use 2 x 1 as the batten instead, 12.5mm plasterboard + 25mm batten + 50mm PIR + wall? 60mm... so a 150mm wood screw would do.
good point: Im confused by the need for 75mm battens

50 x 25 is strong enough -maybe 100 x 25 for radiator brackets

if you want more insulation -do that in the first layer, then 25mm battens over

or is there a reason you need an extra stud wall

I'm aiming for 125mm of insulation, so whether the infill is 25, 50 or 75mm the total depth to secure would remain the same?

No particular reason for the cross battening. If I was to stick 125mm PIR to the wall and then batten to be used as the service void too, I'd actually need to screw into 125 + 25.

I'm aiming for 125mm of insulation, so whether the infill is 25, 50 or 75mm the total depth to secure would remain the same?

No particular reason for the cross battening. If I was to stick 125mm PIR to the wall and then batten to be used as the service void too, I'd actually need to screw into 125 + 25.
ah ok

Ive not seen any concrete screws over 200mm

you might get away with 50mm into the masonry, so 200mm screws is possible if you counterbore the battens so screws sit down by 10mm

I would "resin" in some threaded bar and "impale" the insulation onto it followed by the battens. Long concrete screws blind into a wall would be hard work trying to hit the centres of the bricks etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back