Long Flex 15mm For Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a bit of help. I am installing a Smiths under unit heater, it is the hydro one that connects into the central heating. It comes with 2 flex hoses that are just a bit too short.

I need about 1m 15mm Flex hose with compression on both ends. Needs to be suitable for central heating.

Any ideas where I will find these?

Sponsored Links
1m
laughing-019.gif

buy a length of copper

Sponsored Links
Screwfix do 900mm flex hoses.

I'm not a pro but I imagine you would lose a substantial amount of pressure and flow through a pair of flex connectors that long.

Ordinary flexi's aren't designed to stand the temperatures and chemicals in a heating system.

OP, you need to extend the pipework so it's closer to the heater.

Thanks guys, its just the instructions for the heater, says I must use flex and iso ball valves.

You need the flex hoses so you can remove the heater for maintenance. If you extend the existing pipework closer, and use the flexi's supplied to make the last connection, all should be well.

Or a 2m of Speedfit pipe.

Must stop this lateral thinking :LOL:

or you could get some of that bendy copper tube from sod it all. :LOL: it looks awesome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back