Looking for a free DVD palyer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know which is the best DVD player to download? It's for a PC I use at work, it had a DVD drive but no software to play a disc.

Sponsored Links
It looks ok but has anybody got any other sugestions before I make my mind up?

Sponsored Links
It's got Media player but it won't play DVD's, it gives an error message saying something about a player not being present.

If you use Windows Media Player you may have to download some codecs because Windows does not come with them pre installed.
You can get K Lite codecs free from:
http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

But I was still having problems with Windows MP even with K Lite codecs, so I downloaded the VLC Player in Igo's link and it works perfectly with all the DVDs that I wish to play.

dave

This particular PC isn't on the net, so I was just going to get a new media player.

This particular PC isn't on the net, so I was just going to get a new media player.

How did you plan on getting another media player onto the computer?

Do you have a USB Memory Stick available?
You could try downloading the VLC player to a computer that is 'online', and save the download to the desktop. Then plug in the USB Stick and copy the downloaded installer to it. And use that to install it on the other PC.
In theory it should work.

dave

That's how I was planning on doing it. But I don't just want the first one I come across, I'd like to see one or two first.

AVS DVD player works perfectly and does pretty much everything the like of PowerDVD does. Google it, it's free.

Videolan is my preferred player; plays everything I chuck at it. It's not pretty like Windows Media Player, but I'm using it to watch movies, not wow at the semi transparent volume control or get frustrated with the Library

Sponsored Links
Back