Looking for cctv recommendations

did you get all the same lens size?

I see them on amazon, map-security, cctvdirectonline to name few, but if you got them under a grand then I doubt its from any of these?

My cameras and NVR were bought separately the 5 Hikvision cameras are 2.8mm lens all bought from cctvseller.co.uk

Sponsored Links
HIKVision DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A IP 8 Channel NVR 6MP 8 POE ports

Is the description on my receipt

Sponsored Links
Another vote for Hikvision, had them in two properties now and can't fault them. Bang for buck is good.

Theres often little difference between some models, what you have to be careful of is the full model number as that tells you exactly what you are getting.

The basics of the unit are the same, ie 8 poe connections, interface, just subtle differences in what they can handle, so production wise at HIK Vision scale there maybe no difference or very little is less than a few pounds, don't forget a manufacture makes for x and sells at Y, a distributor then buys at Y and sells at Z, if you then get a retailer involved they buy at Z and sell at A, so any differences can be magnified a little by the time it gets to the actual user.

so K and I models are 8MP and 12MP capability the 2 indicates they can take 2 hard drives.

I ve got a wireless system and ive had nothing but problems with it.Tomorrow I am taking it out and putting a basic swann 1524 system in(wired system).So advice would be to install a wired system.

That should be just what I need then as it’s not watching over the Crown Jewels.ive had it together as a test and it will do what i want .Like anything in life you get what you pay for .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back