Looking for new boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The worcester FS CDi range is a floor standing modern condenser.

In Q3 a flexi flue liner will be available to go up chimneys for it.

Sponsored Links
Bad move. Many high flow quality combis around - you never looked.

Victorian estate, mains pressure 1.2-1.5 bar static on shared supply. 10l/min at the kitchen tap at the right time of day - often less. Not made of money. No contest.

Victorian estate, mains pressure 1.2-1.5 bar static on shared supply. 10l/min at the kitchen tap at the right time of day - often less. .

Your problem is your water supply not the combi. You obviously can't see that. You never thought of an accumulator to boost the water supply did you? It would have been better and cheaper than the scrap you fitted. I bet you never knew that a combi is system boiler with a water section and it can operate as a system boiler.

mogget said:
Victorian estate, mains pressure 1.2-1.5 bar static on shared supply. 10l/min at the kitchen tap at the right time of day - often less. Not made of money. No contest.

BigBurner said:
I bet you never knew that a combi is system boiler with a water section and it can operate as a system boiler.
Bigburner, give me some credit - I'm not that thick! Besides, if it couldn't operate as a system boiler, how on earth would I have been able to heat a cylinder with it ?!?!

BigBurner said:
]Your problem is your water supply not the combi. You obviously can't see that.
You never thought of an accumulator to boost the water supply did you? It would have been better and cheaper than the scrap you fitted.

I'm well aware of the inadequacy of the water supply - shame that the previous owners weren't!

However, practical considerations take precedence.

Cylinder + controls + 3-port + sundries= about £300.

High flow combi + trench to road + mdpe main + separation of supply + upgrade gas pipe + accumulator = £££££££££, and I'd still only have 1.2 - 1.5 bar.

Is the weather nice in cloud-cuckoo-land?

Mexico HE would be a direct replacement depending on fluing arrangement(old one Open)
Big Burner I havent been on this site very long but you my friend talk some amount of keech! (old Scottish word for poo) :rolleyes:

Bigburner, give me some credit - I'm not that thick! Besides, if it couldn't operate as a system boiler, how on earth would I have been able to heat a cylinder with it ?!?!

Again..."I bet you never knew that a combi is system boiler with a water section and it can operate as a system boiler."

It is clear you never knew.

I'm well aware of the inadequacy of the water supply - shame that the previous owners weren't!

Again..."Your problem is your water supply not the combi. You obviously can't see that.
You never thought of an accumulator to boost the water supply did you? It would have been better and cheaper than the scrap you fitted."

You own the place not the previous owners.

However, practical considerations take precedence.

Cylinder + controls + 3-port + sundries= about £300.

High flow combi + trench to road + mdpe main + separation of supply + upgrade gas pipe + accumulator = £££££££££, and I'd still only have 1.2 - 1.5 bar.

Is the weather nice in cloud-cuckoo-land?

£300? Tank, cylinder and pipes and controls? And the rest!! Power shower pump? What about the system boiler as you ripped out the combi?

You own the place not the previous owners.

And I'm not made of money

BigBurner said:
£300? Tank, cylinder and pipes and controls? And the rest!! Power shower pump?

My UNPUMPED shower has more flow than it did with the combi, and I can use it when there's water being drawn elsewhere.

BigBurner said:
What about the system boiler as you ripped out the combi?

I didn't rip out the combi - I used it as a system boiler ;)

BigBurner said:
It is best you ask instead of being the amateur smart-a**e.

Speak for yourself...

That Mod 11 really has a lot of patience, as well as a sense of humour.

Its a pity they dont identify themselves and come along to our curry meal meets.

Tony

:rolleyes:

edit - Tony I wasn't rolling my eyes at you, as you can no doubt guess!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back