Advice re boiler size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to have my old Potterton floor standing kingfisher boiler replaced with a normal not combi Worcester Bosch . We have a fairly large semi and it will have to heat 13 rads and a cylinder .What size should I go for

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Something other than a Wooshitter Botch would be my advice. An output of 24kW is likely to be more than enough. My fairly large semi only appears when there's bikini's and nice bottoms around; however, I do have a respectably sized detached house that has a 15kW boiler in it. It would have 14 or so rads plus hot water if I didn't have the ground floor heated with underfloor heating.

Thanks for your reply about output .What boiler would you recommend Im only going for a Bosch because I heard they were good

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The triumph of marketing over substance.

Boiler recommendations:

Intergas
Atag
Vaillant
Viessmann

In that order.

THing is about output is the boiler needs to be sized correctly. No point going massively over, and of course no point undesizing.

Controls are as important though.

Thanks again I think I will go with the Intergas
Compact HRE 30 OV Condensing Open Vent Boiler

Do you think that will do me

Thanks

The Intergas 24kW OV would be more than big enough. Personally if there's any glass in the windows I wouldn't go bigger than the 18kW

When investing in a niche product, check the warranty and who they've got to administer it, in other words, how long and who do they get to turn up.

Also see how many units they sell each year compared to the major players. The big boys do 300,000 units a year, and have the service support and parts availability to back that up, both now and in the future.

Smaller boiler firms will struggle to survive unless they build market share quickly because the economies of scale aren't there.

Intergas give up to ten years and it's backed up by an in house service team.

Not bad for a niche boiler that they've made 2 million of eh?? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back