Looking for some tiling advice - Glasgow area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I joined this forum in the hope of getting some advice from experts.
I am in the process of having a house extension built which includes a brand new kitchen sighted in a different area of the house.
This Kitchen needs tiled! The builder(who I love) wants me to use his tiler but I am apprehensive of using a tiler I don't know. Last year I had a new bathroom fitted and used a tiler from the local paper...the tiling is awful and I mean awful.
My new kitchen will have approx 7m2 of red metro brick wall tiles and I want perfection this time. the floor will be tiled in either black quartz or a matt black tile, I haven't decided yet but it is scheduled to be done in about 2 weeks.
How do I choose a tiler? So much of my hard earned money has gone into this extension and I want the kitchen tiles to be a focal point so I need them to be done properly. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you from a girl stressed beyond belief!

Sponsored Links
Ask if you can see some of the tilers previous work, even ask if they don't mind you watching them actually doing some tiling before you commit.
As always it is best to use tradesmen/women :evil: that you know and trust and have a known history of quality and satisfactory work.
These are normally found via word of mouth from family, friends, friends of family, friends of friends etc...... Where quality work has been done.
So best option if you do not know of a competent tiler and neither do family/friends.
Is to ask for references and proof of work done. See if it possible to talk to someone they have done work for and view their handy work.
and there is always the tradesmen websites such as
mybuilder
myhammer
ratedpeople
myworkman
some have reviews and feedback on the work carried out, it is not the best way to find one but if your stuck, it's an option.

Two of our regular trade contributors are up in your neck of the woods; tictic is right on your doorstep & jctillingservices just a little further out. They may be interested if they spot this or you could try sending them a PM. ;)

A contributor to this forum is from your neck of the woods I believe, when you are supplying expensive materials like tiles, the installed needs to be a genuine tile fixer with proper insurance that will cover re-doing the job including materials should things go pear shaped.

Of course there is the age old saying (and is why this forum is here) which goes "if you want a job done properly then do it yourself". Have you considered having a go yourself, there is lots of information in this forum.

Sponsored Links
I would ask tictic to have a look at it for you. Don't know him but get the impression he is top notch. Although after the match last night he might not be here for a bit :rolleyes: He is bound to support Rangers or Celtic.
(jct is over 100 miles away)

Yeah its a bit far for me to travel so i would contact Davie, ( Tictic) but i am pretty sure he ahs a lot on. But he is quite local to the op.

Bob1966
where in the glasgow area are you.

am into the busy season at the moment,..if i can i will look at the job(if you would like)....or i could recomend a tile fixer(if they are not busy) to look at the job.

but if not, you will as has been said.. get very good advice on this forum..

ere jc hope your noo trying to cut my grass ere....lol..you stay that side off Adrains wall... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back