Looking for source for louvre doors - difficult size.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.

I'm looking for somewhere, preferably online, to buy closed (or open if that's all I can find) louvre doors.
I have two full length cupboards and would like (or should I say she who will be obeyed would like!) double louvre doors.

My problem is finding affordable suitably sized ones.

The gaps I have to fill are both 1970 x 690.

This is for a guest room which is rarely used so I'm not looking for heavy duty quality stuff just something that will fill the holes. Unfinished, not painted or primed.

Tried all the usual places and struggling to get what I want.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John

Sponsored Links
I'm also in the same boat - have a cupboard where I've put my AV receiver, Sky HD, Xbox 360, PS3 and HTPC, but currently having to wedge the door open due to the heat. I'm looking for an open louvre door which measures 2040x620x40mm. Seems I can get doors of the right width, but they all seem to be 60mm too short. I'd rather not have to modify a door with an extension.

Have found a few companies in Australia which do this size, but that's going to be hellishly expensive.

Help.

You will both probably need to adjust your frames to take the door sizes available 1980mm are the largest have seen though you can put too shorter doors together and join them so they open as one.

Sponsored Links
I'm also in the same boat - have a cupboard where I've put my AV receiver, Sky HD, Xbox 360, PS3 and HTPC, but currently having to wedge the door open due to the heat. I'm looking for an open louvre door which measures 2040x620x40mm. Seems I can get doors of the right width, but they all seem to be 60mm too short. I'd rather not have to modify a door with an extension.

Have found a few companies in Australia which do this size, but that's going to be hellishly expensive.

Help.

louvre doors may not work in your case as you need air flow from and to somwhere to cool
as the gaps are small the air will have to flow down hill at the top and as you know hot air is reluctant to flow down hill
maybe with a small fan to cause the air flow inside
you do also realise remote controls are very unlikely to work through solid wood

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back