Looking to ask a Hotpoint engineer an EEPROM question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title implies, I’m looking for some info/help regarding a particular product and I’m trade. I would be grateful for some advice.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
must be me, then, AFAIK i am the only ex HP engineer here.

but sorry to say ileft them over 10 years ago.

regarding eproms, never changed one, if a board had a problem changed the whole board,HP engineers dont work to compontent level

They do now.
Replacement boards come with no eprom fitted, Indesit (Hotpoint) engineers can program the eeprom via their laptops. The rest of us have to buy the eeprom ready programmed.

Sponsored Links
Yes guys I've got it sorted (I think). The part is so new that it's not even on Hotpoints computers yet, unbelievable I know, they are setting it up now so that I can order, and it is for a pre-programmed eprom for a board and typically there are a few different eproms, so that you have to make sure that you are ordering the right one.
All this is for a dryer, whatever happened to the simple rotary timer and a few other components. This job is going from bad to worse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back