Looking to get into the gas trade, advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post on this forum so forgive me if questions like this have been asked countless times before but I am looking into advice on getting a trade behind me.

I have looked at alot of carreers and think that becoming a gas fiiter would be best for me, I am 25 years old and currently work in a call center, the other day I had a representative from train 4 trade skills come to see me. I was wondering If anyone has had any experiance with them and wether they will be able to get me on the right track.

I have already phoned my local college to see if they do any apprenticeship courses, but they said the only courses they do are ones that will give me knowlege of the gas trade but without the required certificates to get into the bussiness, they said for this I will need to be working on site for a company which would provide me with the neccessary gas safety certificates I would need to begin a carreer.
This Is something Train 4 trade skills are offereing, but I am really hesitant to go with them as I have heard alot of mixed things about them with alot of people saying it is a scam, but at the moment it seems as though my only real chance of getting into the trade.

I would be greatfull if anyone here who has had or knows of anyone who has had any experience with train 4 trade could tell me wether they are good to go with and wether gas companies ect recognise their certificates and look favouribly (or unfavouribly) upon people who have gone through them. I would hate to pay all that money for nothing and waste two years of my life for nothing.

Apologies if my first post was a bit long winded but I'm really lost at the moment and this is something I really want to do, any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I did that, and to be honest there are alot of people saying it's a scam but It seems the only way into the trade.

Is there anyone who can give me some sort of advice on how to get a good career as gas fitter, without having to go down that route?

Yeah I did that, and to be honest there are alot of people saying it's a scam but It seems the only way into the trade.

Is there anyone who can give me some sort of advice on how to get a good career as gas fitter, without having to go down that route?

there are no short cuts they can no more get you work or the "full " qualifications than i can

and please remember theres a glut off plumbers like most building trades

my brother took up plumbing about 15 years ago when things where good and it took him a year or so to make any money

Sponsored Links
I was looking at becoming a gas fitter instead of a plumber, all I need to know is will they get me where I want to be? all the bad things I've heard about them seem to centre around people signing contracts with them and after opting out halfway though have ran into difficulties getting their money back.

This wouldn't be a problem for me as I have no intentions of quitting the course as long as they can get me to be a fully recognised gas fitter, that is all I'm worried about.

and by the way I am just not looking for a shortcut I am more than willing to spend two years or whatever it takes to get there, its just that train 4 trade skills seem to be the only people who have said they can get me into it, as I said earlier I spoke to my local college who said they only provide courses to give me a basic knowlege of the trade without the qualifications needed to get a job.
I cant find anyone that does apprenticeships.

the problems is that if you have enough wonga you can get the bits of paper,

unfortunatley without experiance the bits of paper dont mean owt.

if you can find a rgi to help then you are half way there.

honestly it has never ever been harder to get into the industry that it is today and i wish you luck.

have you tried talking to CIHPE?

the problems is that if you have enough wonga you can get the bits of paper,

unfortunatley without experiance the bits of paper dont mean owt.

if you can find a rgi to help then you are half way there.

honestly it has never ever been harder to get into the industry that it is today and i wish you luck.

have you tried talking to CIHPE?

No I haven't tried CIHPE, to be honest this is the first anyone has mentioned to me. Who are they and would they be worth trying to contact?

it seems every one wants to become a boiler engineer cos thats where the money is at the moment . which is wrong cos 5 years down the line there will be loads of them but not enough electricians ... and then every one will want to be an electrician it just goes on and on

it seems every one wants to become a boiler engineer cos thats where the money is at the moment . which is wrong cos 5 years down the line there will be loads of them but not enough electricians ... and then every one will want to be an electrician it just goes on and on

already are too many IMHO

not enough jobs to go around at present

Sponsored Links
Back