looking to sell my house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i will looking to sell my house later this year, however we rebuilt the garage and full width kitchen and downstairs w/c basin etc.

when the last time the building inspector came round back in 2002 he said i should have an abutment vent as per the architect plans near the house end of the flat roof, he also said i could just leave it which i was confused about, well its now 8 years since the extension was finished.

if i do call the council up and find out what else needs doing would they charge me anymore fees to get the inspector out again to tell me excatly what i need to get done? will i be obliged to then get this work done or should i be ok due to the age of the extension?

id rather sort any issues out rather than waiting and could lose a sale on the house in the future.
hope this makes sense
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Its similar to his recent thread: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=260718

Are you saying you never got the final certificate? If you paid the full fee back then, then it shouldn't cost anymore to get a final inspection to get the work signed off. If you want that certificate you'll need to do whatever was required in order to get it back then. As can be read in the aforementioned thread a nervous buyer and/or a picky solicitor can create delays which can be avoided.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I don't have the final certificate. The last thing the checked was the soakaway. What are all the stages the inspector checks ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back