Looks like Bad Workmanship

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Took out the lower kitchen cupboards and it looks like the floor "levelling stuff / cement" compound or whatever they used was put on after the cabinets were fitted (eh what :eek: I can see the ridge.
Anyway looks like the concrete was poured with a batten against the wall so when they took the batten out - there is a step down with a gap between the wall and floor about an inch and a half or so wide (just filled with dampish earthy sandy stuff and bits of rubble) and in the very corner a 4 inch square hole - deeper than I would like to see :cry: . In places without cupboards the compound has run and meets the bottom of the wall and it looks dry enough.
The walls have been replastered but the render and plaster dont go right to the bottom of the wall - is this normal?
I am wondering - could this unfilled gap full of muck behind and under the cupboards have been the cause of the damp mustiness in the cupboards and not damp in the wall after all?
However - anyone know best way to fill this gap between floor and wall and should I fill in the bottom few inches of render and plaster or just leave it?

Thanks
Granny

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back