sound proofing party wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i know many other threads but thought ask again. I have party wall 19th century comprising 2 brick walls with very small gap. In one area in old kitchen it is supplemented by what looks lie an inch of concrete. Doing rennovation and looking to sound proof can hear neighbours talking. I can build a stid wall looking for 20mm gap, 38mm carcass and acoustic board and filled rockwool? problem is where the kitchen is is an inch thicker and being toight want to refit old kitchen with as little work as possible. If i put partition over concrete area means cutting down units and worktop a pane and smaller cupboards. Wondered if instead i laminated up accoustic plaster board maybe with rubber between , could do 1 layer board over concrete, and 3 or 4 over rest to even up. Would this work. I think most of problem maybe through void between floors where only 1 wall which i intend to build up and supplement with additional plaster board and rock wall, filling gaps with accoustic foam (any good?)
Which way would people go?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back