Looks like paint runs but it isn't !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I've recently finished redoing our bathroom, the whole lot,new suite,shower retiled etc. I've painted the top half of the walls using as always crown/dulux, crown in this case, after a couple of weeks on one wall under a slopeing ceiling the paint started to darken in runs from the top about 5ins down in what looked like runs, so I thought, plasterers PVA, :idea: from the ceiling skim, so i rubbed it down with an orbital sander sprayed "stainblock" on left it for 24 hrs then repainted with white,2 weeks on all seemed Ok so I applied the blue, within 1 week the runs had come back, not as bad but bad enough. After 30yrs of extensive DIY I've never had this before!!
Could I have some advice even if it's "you have done it wrong :oops: "

Sponsored Links
I had thought about condensation, but rightly or wrongly discounted it because it was only on one wall and doesn't seem to feel wet, I've just repainted the offending wall and the door and windows are open and will be for a few hours

no extractor then? :(

sloping ceilings are often poorly insulated

Sponsored Links
Sorry forgot to mention it, :oops: yes I've fitted an extractor and it stays on for about 5 mins after using the shower or bath, this never happened before I redecorated the bathroom and we didn't have an extractor then !
Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back