Looks like the 'Don't pay' campaign has hit a brick wall…

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't this something @Dork Lard was promoting? They pledged to stolen paying their electricity/gas bills if they had one million supporters by October 1st. Fell well short of their target.

CE53DC46-70C4-42EF-9108-95FD29913FF9.png

Sponsored Links
Think he owns a power station and an LPG import terminal so doesn't affect him or his followers neighbours anyway.

Sponsored Links
Trouble is we're pretty much spineless as a country with respect to this kind of stuff, if half or more of the country stopped paying for example we might get somewhere but most of us are just complicit law abiding citizens who wouldn't say boo to a goose. Mottie have you ever actually lived in a state of poverty or where you genuinely lost sleep over how you were gonna pay your bills? Just curious.

Mottie have you ever actually lived in a state of poverty or where you genuinely lost sleep over how you were gonna pay your bills?
I can’t say I have but if I did, with regard to the ‘don’t pay' campaign, I'm pretty sure that opting out of direct debit and opting to pay by demand would only add to my worries.

The don't pay campaign was never going to work was it. You'd still have to pay it at some point.

None of these don’t pay campaigns ever amount to a bag of beans imo

People cave in

I recall the poll tax when it first came in

We all got taken to court for non payment me and my mate turned up there were hundreds of us

Some fruit cakes out side the court banging on about if we all stick together bla bla

Only 4 of us out over 200 refused to pay

Me my mate his brother and some bloke who never turned up

None of these don’t pay campaigns ever amount to a bag of beans imo

People cave in

I recall the poll tax when it first came in

We all got taken to court for non payment me and my mate turned up there were hundreds of us

Some fruit cakes out side the court banging on about if we all stick together bla bla

Only 4 of us out over 200 refused to pay

Me my mate his brother and some bloke who never turned up
That was when there was a chromesome between them. Now the only guiding light is everybody knows what day it is because their phone tells them.

Dozens of rallies are planned from Plymouth to Aberdeen as a burn your bills weekend gets underway...i haven't seen an energy bill in three years - what to do?:unsure:

Given that there's a national train strike today, I imagine that a lot of people won't even be able to get to the protests :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back