Loops in plumbing

Can be done on gravity but you need to know exactly what you are doing. Use a pump and feed from the opposite side of the boiler from your HW circuit which should be left on gravity.

Sponsored Links
Thanks the hot water does get hot quite quickly but the rads struggle a bit. will look into putting a pump in.

yes you can install a pump
install the pump on the flow with the feed behind the pump and the ex/pipe within 150mm of the feed
you will need to wire a pipe stat to the pump which you will put on the return
set your pump speed to 1 but if needed set to 2
set the pipe stat approx 30 degrees centigrade
so you put the pump ,feed , and then ex/pipe
calor gas are doing a deal for bulk storage with either lpg or natural gas

Sponsored Links
install the pump on the flow with the feed behind the pump and the ex/pipe within 150mm of the feed

Rubbish
Leave the expansion and feed where they are.
Darren it is a gravity fed system. Go look it up or speak to your tradesman.

it makes no odds if it 's gravity if he installs the pump with the vent pipe behind !!!!
he will be pulling in air
this is why the layout is vent , feed , and then the pump from the solid fuel back boiler and that is current requirements!!!
so tamz it is you who should look it up

I`ll look up those current reqs. myself -Not that I need to F`kabout with solid fuel or grav. circuits now :LOL: Been Done got T shirt. It`s getting as bad as Gas nowadays :rolleyes:

yes i have to agree with you that was the way it used to be done , but current regs require fully pumped.
and as the solid fuel was only installed 3 months ago it's required to be fully pumped.
that was what i described with the pipe config and with that there is only the need for 1 pipe stat on the return
whoever installed it were not up to date with reg'sjavascript:emoticon(':rolleyes:')

Soliftec wrote

A pipe thermostat on the gravity flow pipework set to prevent the pump
running when boiler flow temperature drops below c45°C. This will prevent
heat in stored hot water being dumped if the fire dies down, and preventcold water circulating through the boiler- a frequent cause of condensation and corrosion

Not quite. By the time the LO stat has registered the temp drop the boiler jacket will be filled with cold water from the CH system lowering the efficiency.

Also having the LO stat on the flow will mean the CH circulator energising well before the HW cylinder is up to temperature.
My stove manual stated the "return" for the LO stat which is also flawed.

I deviated from the manual with something completely different.

Crickey,

I thought I was putting a simple solution in?

Thanks for all the help I will defo look at getting a pump in the system.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back