Loose door handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a loose door handle on my external door, but absolutely no idea how to get to any screws to tighten it. I’ve attached a picture...could anybody shed some light please?

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

• 51866369-209C-40B7-ADD9-DD6B59B47FED.jpeg
    51866369-209C-40B7-ADD9-DD6B59B47FED.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 139
Sponsored Links
Are there a couple of screws on the other side of the door, Tom? Often they pass through from one handle to another.
John :)

I'm no expert, but check if the gold cover plate will ping off the black backplate.

Cheers for the replies...

There aren't any screws on the other side either. As for the cover plate, I did try to lever it off but it seems fastened down pretty well. Saying that, removing this plate can only be the way to get to any loose screws. I'll try again later....

Sponsored Links
s-l225.jpg
You need to remove that gold cover plate, the two black plastic ends are the parts that are fixed to the door, they have teeth on and the cover plate thumps and locks onto them with a click, that's the bit you need to over come when prizing the cover off, there's also a tiny grub screw on the handle that needs removing, it grips the spindle and takes the pulling force off the black clips

This picture shows the plastic clips although these screws go through the handles where yours just through the plastic clips, just some idea what it looks like under the cover plate

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back