Loose Parquet Flooring Blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have parquet flooring in our hallway and living room (original since the house was built in 1950's). The living room and hallway are both carpeted. I will be decorating the living room soon, replacing the carpet. The parquet flooring under the present carpet has lots of loose blocks, you can feel them when walking on them. The hallway was the same, and I glued them down using parquet flooring adhesive, which has worked well, but took absolutely ages and stunk the house out for a while! Since the living room is about 3 times the area of the hallway, I was hoping to find a quicker solution, than lifting each block, glueing and replacing. The blocks were laid on bitumen-like substance?? I was wondering if there were any products on the market which could be poured onto the floor (after lifting a couple of blocks), which would then flow around and under the other loose blocks, and would fix them solid once dry? I have had a look and was wondering whether anyone has ever used self-levelling compound to achieve this, and what were the results? I have never used it before.
Amy help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, George

Sponsored Links
Unless someone has invented some sort of magic parquette flooring fixer I'm affraid the only real answer is lift and reglue, sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back