Loose tap - removing top cover?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Struggling to remove the top cover of my bath tap, I need to tighten it up. It's the very top cover in the photo.

I can't get a grip on it, any advice?

Sponsored Links
....And sometimes the handle fixing screw is a grub screw buried in the hole the handle screws into, not under the top cover, so there is no need to remove the top cover (which, in that case, is fixed anyway).

Sorry guys the top does unscrew :idea: the thin top bit where the OP has jabbed it with a screwdriver - I have the same thing in my hand - the top just unscrewed and dropped on the floor and rolled under a cupboard :oops: Well it`s new , but in use it`ll probably go the same as the OP`s . Probably another one from China :rolleyes: Water pump pliers probably - but you`ll loose some chroming .

Sponsored Links
what about one of those rubbery grip things? or a rubber glove on the top? anything to get a good grip?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back