Loose tiles in bathroom - cracks in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As photo shows, I removed loose tiles, and the wall is cracked.
20220824_142432.jpg

A builder said strip all walls back. I'm going to put the tiles back and hope for the best. This is above the cistern. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Yes, do as the builder says. The plaster has blown and is not stuck to the wall. If you tile over it the tiles will be stuck to the plaster but the plaster is simply balancing edge on to each other. This is why the tiles were loose by the way.
There is a strong chance all you tiles will fall off and possibly injure someone using the toilet.

The plaster is loose as well. Hoping it's a small patch I can fix after removing loose plaster. It's not just above the cistern, it's behind it as well. (Waiting to get cistern removed.) The plaster is bone dry, no damp or crumbling. But it can't be a coinidence it's around the cistern, can it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back