Loss of hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’ve lost hot water pressure over the weekend, can anyone point me in the right direction to get it back up again? It’s currently at 2bar

thanks

Attachments

• 85A989BA-63D6-4864-B46C-7AA09A306BC0.jpeg
    85A989BA-63D6-4864-B46C-7AA09A306BC0.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 194
Sponsored Links
Where are you getting 2 bar from...that gauge at the back? That's surely your heating system pressure not your domestic water pressure.

Yeah, that’s connected to our hot water tank so I’ve put the two together.. is there anyway of increasing it myself?

2 Bar is actually a bit high for your system pressure why would you want to increase it further

Sponsored Links
The showers and hot water taps have lost the pressure.. upon turning them on they lose it pretty quickly.

Ok, are you able to give me a go to list of things to check, to see if I can increase it or is a plumber required?

Check and top-up the pressure on your potable water expansion vessel (a large white vessel out of your shot). There will be a car tyre schraeder valve at one end, where you can attach a tyre pump.
1. Turn off the cold supply.
2. Open any hot tap.
3. Pump the air pressure (you may find it at zero) up to the value indicated by the manufacturer, usually around 3 bar. As you pump, water will be expelled from the open tap.
4. Close the tap, remove the pump, turn on the cold supply, enjoy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back