loss of pressure in my Worcester oil heatsalve 12/14

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have just come home to find the central heating no working and no pressure in the central heating system . When I fill the system to the correct pressure, the water comes out in the pipe outside. Could anyone out there confirm that it is the pressure release valve that is gone, before a start stripping it down, suppose i will have the wait until monday to get the part , if that all it is? is there any way of fixing these? (glad i have a wood burner) many thanks Gary

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler lose pressure immediately without turning the burner on??

Have you checked the expansion vessel ??

Is the filling loop turning off completely?? (disconnect to check)

Try manually opening the prv a few times sometimes this will re seat it andstop it leaking,also as mentioned check the expansion vessel

hi many thanks for the replies - this may seem a stupid question but how do i inspect the expansion vessel, I have tried turning the pressure release valve on and off a few times but the water still seem to come out. The pressure does not drop when the boiler is off? It only drops when the boiler/ pump is working. does this help. The filling loop has a small lever to turn it on and off which seems cut the water of tightly.

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler lose pressure immediately without turning the burner on??

Have you checked the expansion vessel ??

Is the filling loop turning off completely?? (disconnect to check)

hi many thanks for the replies - this may seem a stupid question but how do i inspect the expansion vessel, I have tried turning the pressure release valve on and off a few times but the water still seem to come out. The pressure does not drop when the boiler is off? It only drops when the boiler/ pump is working. does this help. The filling loop has a small lever to turn it on and off which seems cut the water of tightly.

Try manually opening the prv a few times sometimes this will re seat it andstop it leaking,also as mentioned check the expansion vessel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back