loss of pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a monoblock tap in the kitchen. Recently I lost pressure to the cold tap, only got a slow flow, it started leaking and so did the spout. When the tap was turned on the pressure was fine for a second then turned into a trickle and there was a clunk. I changed the valve unit thinking the internal had come apart and were knackered. The new valve unit is doing the same low flow. the rest of the cold taps in the house are fine, Whats happening??? :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Is it mains pressure or fed from cold water storage tank in loft, should be mains pressure so that rules out air lock is the pressure ok on other taps that are fed of the same supplyeg washing machine. other taps may be fed from cws tank, check stop cock

The clonk may be somthing stuck in the pipwork e.g a piece of solder, non return valve fitted

remove pipework and see were good flow is achieved

corgigazza said:
Is it mains pressure or fed from cold water storage tank in loft, should be mains pressure so that rules out air lock is the pressure ok on other taps that are fed of the same supplyeg washing machine. other taps may be fed from cws tank, check stop cock

The clonk may be somthing stuck in the pipwork e.g a piece of solder, non return valve fitted

remove pipework and see were good flow is achieved

water pressure is ok in all other taps in house, its mains fed, every now and then we get full pressure coming thro and also sometimes we only get a dribble. We have an isolation valve for this branch and when I adjust it we can get a steady flow if not full but when i turn the valve full on the flow starts messing about and then there's a clunk :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
but when i turn the valve full on the flow starts messing about and then there's a clunk icon_confused.gif icon_confused.gif

as corgigazza said it sounds like a check valve

Not too sure where the check valve would be unless its in the monoblock. The only valve, apart from the tap valve, is the in-line isolation valve and i think thats just a normal valve :confused: :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back