lost admistrator password

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any one know how to find a lost password on windows xp , my boy set himself up as admin , and cant remember password ive been on web/utube comp geeks etc. i dont want to reset useing the disc ,loads of info will be lost and favorites ,ive done run and cmg dont work as said on utube password been forgotten at least 6 monthes ago ,even ? on lost pass is no good nothing to do with password .any ideas or cure will be very gratefull ,heres living in hope :cry:

Sponsored Links
If you search google with "password recovery windows xp" you will find quite a few links to applications that will allow you to either recover or reset password - some FOC . Not having used any of these cannot give any recommendation.

If he has merely set himself up an account and and given himself administrator priveleges it shouldnt be an issue.

Reboot in Safe Mode (tap f8 on start up) , Log on to the Administrator account , go into the control panel and remove the password. Reboot the PC and away you go.

If he has set a password for the Administrator account that will require you to boot up using a CD. You wont lose any data, so that isnt an issue. For the life of me I cant remeber the one I used to use - I'll have a Google and come back to you if its needed.

If he has merely set himself up an account and and given himself administrator priveleges it shouldnt be an issue.

Reboot in Safe Mode (tap f8 on start up) , Log on to the Administrator account , go into the control panel and remove the password. Reboot the PC and away you go.

If he has set a password for the Administrator account that will require you to boot up using a CD. You wont lose any data, so that isnt an issue. For the life of me I cant remeber the one I used to use - I'll have a Google and come back to you if its needed.
well done that man if only i asked months ago you have made me very happy ,many thks :LOL:

Sponsored Links
For the life of me I cant remeber the one I used to use - I'll have a Google and come back to you if its needed.

EBCD? Not many places left to download from as the original site seems to have disappeared. Worth adding to the toolbox though. Clicky

Back