Lost German Shepherd Lancashire area. Please help if you can

Sponsored Links
absolutely no use if you're not on facebook..
and contrary to popular belief, you're not issued with an ID and login the same time you get your national insurance number....

it might be an idea to upload the picture here and post it rather than link to an external site with restricted access..

Sponsored Links
Obviously the jokers on this forum have never lost a beloved pet. :mad: :mad:

Wotan

I have to say i really do not like German Shepherd dogs. I had a bad experience with one years back. It had a propensity to bite my ankles as soon as i entered the house. The chap i was visiting always found it rather amusing. :rolleyes:

I can not see where large viscous dogs fit in in an urban environment.

Ay come on jokers, its never nice losing a pet whatever breed it is, i have a shepard too, she's only 1 year old and a right cutie, i've had shepards all my life and i was bought up with them too and never ever had a bad one but i guess it comes down to what you want from them and how you treat them.

My sister used to bring both her small children up from london every now and again to see us and we told the kids not to pull the dogs tail or poke her eyes, both kids listened and never ever had any trouble from there on in, infact there where times where the three of them fell asleep together.

German shepards love kids and are a brilliant family dog, i'd be lost without mine.

Hope the OP finds his pet, i know how i'd feel

German shepards love kids

Aye right!

I have no doubt the dog i was encountering was behaving exactly as it should. 'Twas me that was the intruder. My criticisms were wholly with the idiots that owned the dog.

I trust no large and potentially vicious dog near my children. They are simply too unpredictable.

They are simply too unpredictable.
I have been a GSD owner, amonst other breeds, in the past and I totally agree. Any animal is unpredictable and anyone who argues otherwise either has limited experience or are kidding themselves.

the dog i was encountering was behaving exactly as it should. 'Twas me that was the intruder. My criticisms were wholly with the idiots that owned the dog.
I have witnessed owners laugh when their puppy shows violent behaviour towards other people and dogs. Sure, it's not doing any harm as a puppy but it is learning what is acceptable and what is not. It may repeat that behaviour later again in life. No so funny then!
I have also witnessed owners laughing when their adult dog behaves aggressively. They might be assured that no real damage is being done but it sure isn't funny for the victim.
I've witnessed owners keeping potentially dangerous dogs because they don't have the heart or the intelligence to have them put down.
Owners have a responsibility that is all too often ignored.

Sorry, bit off topic now. :confused:

Yeah but theres unpredicable and then theres unpredictable, but i respect your views on dogs and children. Believe me, we were a bit unsure at first but all ended well.

Im a true believer its how you treat the dog as to what you want from it, as i've said i grew up with them when i lived at home and i saw then what super dogs GS's can be. We didnt want a chain dog, we never kept them in a kennel during the day while at work, they lived in the house 100% of the time, ate well, played well, barked at strangers approaching the door but thats what you want from a dog, once they knew it was friend not foe they lick them to death lol.

I met a girl once who is now a girlfriend and it turned out she had 3 shepards, thats 4 in one house, sadly her older 2 that were from the same litter died within 3 weeks of each other so now we are down to just 2.

I know we'll never have any other breed.

i agree crank,

this appeal is up and running on the biggsd forum awaiting updates as i type this.

Sponsored Links
Back