Lost key to a bedroom door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've lost a key to a bedroom door in the house and have turned the place upside down.

I need to access this room and would like advice as to what/his is best to get in. It's a fairly basic lock I would imagine that has been added to the door afterwards.
It's not connected in anyway to the handle and has been fitted into the wooden door. The key is shaped as what I would call a bullet shaped key. It is long and has a sort of + shape of you looked at it,

I've uploaded a couple of photos showing the lock.
Can it be drilled ? I'm not fussed if the lock is damaged afterwards as I can pop a new one in once opened

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Might just be a simple "bathroom" lock. Have you tried using a flat bladed screwdriver in it.

Yes I've tried a couple of little screwdrivers etc, the key itself does have different shapes/grooves on each side so I believe it is a bit more of a proper lock

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help Jackrae.
I managed to drill the lock straight through and then force it round with a screwdriver.

Locksmith... 😉

I didn't need a locksmith in the end was able to do it myself albeit maybe took a bit longer.

After all it is a DIY forum 👍🏿

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back