lost tool bar, microsoft office

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

Just switched my computer on to microsoft word and i have no tool bar on the top.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Are these ticked?:
wordps2.jpg

hi,

Even my menu bar is missing, there is nothing on the page apart from at the top where it says document 1, i have tried to re-install word but this does not change anything.

Sponsored Links
What happens if you un-install the previous version of word first? Which version of word are you using?

I think I've seen that happen. I have an idea it's gone to "full screen display" or something.

Can't replicate it on my home version.
Is Right Click any help (especially at the top)?

There might be a PF key that will bring it back (it's not PF11, is it?) Or "Alt V" for View might allow you to switch the toolbars back on?

Or "Alt R" Restore?

If you put your cursor up at the top is there anything you can click and drag?

If you can put up a picture of the screen (CTRL + PrtScr will put it on the clipboard) you may jog some memories.

Windows task bar at screen base? Drag it out of the way, the 'Close full screen' button may be lurking there.
Try reading through this...Click here
Try the old KB Click here
:)

Noticed this too ... If the Office toolbar is across the screen top - auto hidden, moving mouse pointer to that area merely toggles Office toolbar visible.. does not reveal the Word menu bar as per normal in my Word 2000.

Hold down the 'Alt' key, press the spacebar, then release both and press the 'x' key.

Sponsored Links
Back