loud fast bubbling type sound?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just went upstaires to have a look at my 28i junior combi(please look at my other thread with the problem in having with it) and noticed a loudish bubbling type of noise coming from it when i had the ch on?so now ive turned it off untill i find out what it is or if its safe to carry on useing it.so if anyone could please help asap as ive got 4 kids in the house and no heating

Sponsored Links
im loseing pressure all the time badly as everytime i goto use my ch or hot water ive got to open the filling loop to put it back upto 1bar.when it was making the noise it was just under 1bar.

Is the water coming out the pipe that is on the outside of the wall that your boiler is on when your system is on. What 24i didn't get your previous thread.

Sponsored Links
sounds like you need a new PRV to start with

pressure release vavle i take it lol one thing i need to ask how do i take the combi cover off to get at the valve to replace it. as the images ive seen so far have the cover as a 2 part where you gain access via the bottom have which flips down but my combi cover is 1 soldit cover?

You are looking at the wrong manual...the later Greenstar Juniors have the flip down panel...your boiler is the obsolete Junior.

Pop off the plastic surround on the front. Remove the 2 screws either side.

Look towards the back of the boiler on the left. The red conical shaped cap is the safety valve. This requires replacing. The expansion vessel located behinbd the boiler also requires checking for pressure...see the FAQs. Pump up to 0.7 Bar.

Have a good look for leaks especially around the pump connections and the auto air vent (on top of the pump casing at the back). The loop may have failed causing over pressurisation...it should be disconnected when not in use and the pipe ends capped.

hi cheers for that reply, does anyone know what kind of cost would i be looking at if i got a plumber to sort this out?

latest. i spent a while looking at the combi yesterday ie taking all the caseing off and looking around inside for leaks.i also represured the pressure vessel and left it for a while and the pressure had stopped dropping plus there was no drips outside from the overflow pipe.great i thought but tonight the combi has started to make a loudish ketteling type noise and after a little while it cuts off?

I like to think that I wouldn't do anything dishonest or illegal.

Oh, and I wouldn't sh@g Robert Redford.

And the client was a Nigerian landlord, I'd have to see cleared funds, in full, before lifting a finger. No offense - it's just that they're all crooks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back