Lounge Thermistat Universal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since having a new boiler installed last year the thermostat thing that is on a wall in our lounge is now redundant, we have to control temperature using the valves on the radiators. I would very much prefer to use the thing on the wall i the lounge (where you choose the temperature and then when the room reaches that temperature the heating shuts off) but don't know what it is called (mind blank!) I have heard they are dead easy to hook up. I have a Glow Worm 30CX boiler and wonder if there is any way to hook it up to the existing wall mounted thing in the lounge by just adding a wire to the boiler i the kitchen or if I need to get a specific one for this glow worm boiler? Hope this makes sense I have a young child so very tired so if this seems garbled that is why! :D

Sponsored Links
When your boiler was fitted ( If fitted properly) a room thermostat should of fitted this is part of " boiler interlock" and is a minimum requirement . I would first advise you to see if the installer would come back and correct it if not a wireless stat can be very easy to fit if you
Know basic electrics

Starting to feel like this guy that did our boiler was a complete cowboy. Was meant to have a 5 year warranty (paid £100 for it), phoned glow worm today and they said he hasn't phoned them to extend warranty, when I questioned him he said the warranty is with him not Glow Worm. Every little problem we have (like F5 problem I currently have) he claims is due to our system not the boiler, he says might be sludge in the system but we paid for him to flush the system properly when installing this boiler less than a year ago! He said on day of installation he can add a room thermostat for £10 but he had to go at the time as didn't have enough time. Bet if I asked him now he would say more than £10. I know basic electrics which is a bonus.

Sounds very dodgy.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but if a room thermostat was an extra chore for your installer it is more worrying about the other omissions there might have been on the installation.

Sponsored Links
That is my worry. Is it really possible for my system to be full enough with sludge to make boiler overheat only 11 months after it was apparently flushed by him? Every time there is a fault he says its not the boiler.

Sadly yes.

The HEX in your boiler won't tolerate much punishment.... nor is it difficult to install properly.

Is the installer registered and legitimate?

I think my 5 year old could manage to wire a stat to one of these :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back