Love This Idea: Litter Cam!

Sponsored Links
Surprised no conspiracy nut has come along with 'surveillance angst'.

They should extend the scheme to a public*, 'send-in' website on dot gov, where you can email in cam vids of litter bugs, and if the reg is clear, they get done too, no arguments.

*open to the public to use, not to post the vids publicly. Like the cones hotline. Not!

Sponsored Links
Surprised no conspiracy nut has come along with 'surveillance angst'.

They should extend the scheme to a public*, 'send-in' website on dot gov, where you can email in cam vids of litter bugs, and if the reg is clear, they get done too, no arguments.

*open to the public to use, not to post the vids publicly. Like the cones hotline. Not!

Easy to fake vids.

I suspect in practice this will end up being like car parking fines- mires in controversy. The video evidence has to be conclusive and reviewed and what if its your kid doing the littering? Or a paying customer in a taxi or bus.

until it fines you for using your screen wash or causing a splash. Automated enforcement needs to be very carefully managed to make sure it doesn't go crazy like it did with speed camera partnerships - Who lost the goal of reducing casualties and focused entirely on revenue. Councils in the UK may get incentivised to remove the bins as more money can be made fining you than assisting you, like car parking.

Can they put these in parks and country walks so those a hole who let their dogs s hit everywhere are hit with fines.
Leaving it where it is is a whole lot better than those that bag it and then festoon nearby trees and bushes with plastic bags of all colours. It will eventually go if left, degrade or be eaten by some foul beast-or another dog. bagged poop is there for ages.

I remember the original article where a shopkeeper started this & punched the sky when my local shop adopted it . . .

It's a village shop/PO & in many ways a focus of local life. There's about 15 kids gather there to catch the skool bus & I know that most other civilised residents were pee'd off with the litter of crisp packets, pop bottles & sweet wrappers that they tended to leave behind.

So now every purchase in the shop by these feral kids has their name written in black felt tip pen on the wrapper.

Drop it now & you suffer the consequences.

Why can't we extend this to feral adults???

Kids must be a bit slow if they haven't realised they can obscure their name with their own felt tip pen.

Kids must be a bit slow if they haven't realised they can obscure their name with their own felt tip pen.

I have a very distant memory of saying this before to you & I'll take this opportunity to say it again.

"You don't have any kids, do you".

I have a very distant memory of saying this before to you & I'll take this opportunity to say it again.

"You don't have any kids, do you".

I don't know if you have said this to me but, for the record, I have 2 grown up children and 10 grand children of various ages.
But what has your comment got to do with me saying kids must be a bit slow if they haven't realised they can blank out their name with a felt tip pen?

I don't know if you have said this to me but, for the record, I have 2 grown up children and 10 grand children of various ages.
But what has your comment got to do with me saying kids must be a bit slow if they haven't realised they can blank out their name with a felt tip pen?

I'm pretty sure it was you, I recall that I had reason to point out that kids just don't do that, & only a none parent would ever think that kids think that way.

If indeed you did raise 2 imaginary kids, who raised 10 grandkids for you, did you raise them to be incredibly pre-emptive & deceptive?

As you seem to have a character trait of feeling you are superior to everyone, and respond by trying to demean others, I will not be continuing with this discussion.

As you seem to have a character trait of feeling you are superior to everyone, and respond by trying to demean others, I will not be continuing with this discussion.

"You don't have any kids, do you ?"

I remember the original article where a shopkeeper started this & punched the sky when my local shop adopted it . . .

It's a village shop/PO & in many ways a focus of local life. There's about 15 kids gather there to catch the skool bus & I know that most other civilised residents were pee'd off with the litter of crisp packets, pop bottles & sweet wrappers that they tended to leave behind.

So now every purchase in the shop by these feral kids has their name written in black felt tip pen on the wrapper.

Drop it now & you suffer the consequences.

Why can't we extend this to feral adults???

That's the parents fault really, my two wouldn't dream of dropping rubbish, if there's no bin it comes home in a bag or pocket.

Dragged up rather than brought up..

Sponsored Links
Back