Low CH Pressure in Glow Worm Betacom2 28 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I found this site while googling my problem - I can’t find any videos online that exactly match my boiler and since I know next to nothing about boilers, I don’t want to accidentally make the problem worse.

My boiler is flashing a CH pressure of between 0.2-0.4, it’s been gradually getting lower in the last few months and I’ve definitely noticed our heating working less efficiently, but we have no leaks. I don’t want to call someone out for something I can fix easily myself though. What I’ve gathered is I need to pressurise the boiler but I can’t figure out how to do this - any help? Thank you in advance! I’ve attached pictures of what I’m working with.

Attachments

• IMG_4856.jpeg
    IMG_4856.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4855.jpeg
    IMG_4855.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4858.jpeg
    IMG_4858.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
To fill, turn the two black handles on the braided hose a quarter turn, in line with the pipes.

To fill, turn the two black handles on the braided hose a quarter turn, in line with the pipes.
So I just tried to do that, starting with the handle on the left. Water started immediately coming out near the handle on the right so I panicked and stopped! Apologies if I sound completely clueless - is that normal or do I have a problem? Or should I be turning them at the exact same time?

Sponsored Links
The hose seemed to be on properly and tight to me although I’m no expert. I turned the left handle once more and a little water came out but then stopped. So I turned the right on and then water started leaking from around the left handle so I turned them both back again. Now when I turn the right it starts leaking from around the left handle again. It’s not a lot of water but it’s definitely leaking. But the pressure shows 0.5 now, should I persist or am I about to cause a disaster?

Sounds like you need a new filling loop. Maybe catch any water into a suitable receptacle, just so you have heating and hot water.

You’re lifesavers! The water got a bit stronger as I went but I persisted and we’re at 1.1. Will now hopefully not have a freezing cold evening, and will contact my letting agency about possibly replacing the filling loop. Thank you!!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back