Low cold water pressure upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to have a problem with low cold water pressure in my upstairs bathroom. The cold taps on the sink and bath are fine, the toilet cistern is slow to fill and my electric shower is showing a low pressure indicator.
The cold water tank is in the top of the airing cupboard in the bathroom.
We recently had a new kitchen sink put in but the system wasn't drained and the water supply to the sink was turned off using the isolation valve.
I'm wondering if there could be air in the system and if this is the case how to I clear it?

Sponsored Links
If the bathroom has been piped and supplied correctly then the shower will be on the mains, chances are if the toilet is now slow filling then that will be on the main too. The others are cistern fed therefore not affected.

Check the mains stop tap has been opened fully. If this has happened at exactly the same time as the work was done, see if you can get them back in to check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back