low energy pir floodlight ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im after a low energy pir floodlight prob 500watt equivalent in brightness to lets say a halogen etc but want a fitting with much cheaper efficient running costs :) the application is for the rear of my house for security as well as entertainment etc ...anyone reccommend any such product & where i can purchase from cheers again guys

Sponsored Links
To start with, you can only fit 150 watt in a domestic situation. If you want economy try one of the new LED security lights. Also if this is a new installation you may have to inform your local building control and pay them the required bung.(sorry; i mean fee)

wing its just a refurb house thats had a full rewire inc security lighting..+ why is 150w the max cheers :)

Sponsored Links
why is 150w the max
Energy efficiency. It's not 150w any more either - now 100w.

Halogen floodlights are grossly inefficient. Most of them are installed incorrectly, and are massively overpowered.
The correct location for them is at roof level, with the light pointing staight down. Any kind of angle and this just means the light beams into your neighbours window or is a hazard to passing traffic.

As for security - a light will do nothing to improve security. It just allows criminals to see what they are doing.

This has some guidance: http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/domestic_building_compliance_guide_2010.pdf
Section 12, Page 123.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back