Low flow hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi couple of weeks ago I noticed that I had to turn the hot water taps on full to get hot water. I have a heat sadia megaflo cl 210 and a ideal classic ff 380 boiler. All the rads are hot when they’re on and the hot water feed to the tank is hot , I can fill a bath full of nearly boiling water because of the high flow, but to have a shower I would need to turn on the hot tap in the sink as well, I have drained the tank and refilled to see if it was the air gap and found that I needed to close not only the cold feed into the tank but also the main supply into the house. My question is does anyone know if there is some sort of mixer that could be at fault or have any ideas?
Cheers Nathan.

Sponsored Links
You will need to explain more clearly what the problem is with your shower.

Also a description of the shower unit would help us to help you.

Tony

Hi its not just the shower but all taps, unless they are turned all the way on there is no hot water. have also noticed that there is alot more pressure in the hot taps.
Cheers Nathan

Sponsored Links
Hi its not just the shower but all taps, unless they are turned all the way on there is no hot water. have also noticed that there is alot more pressure in the hot taps.
Cheers Nathan

Now do you mean the water comes out cold?

Or nothing comes out of the tap at all?

It sounds as if you have cold water leaking into the hot water pipework.

Usually a badly installed mixer shower or tap.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back