low gas inlet pressure? is this a major problem???

But you think pipe size doesn't matter to gas pressure? Still haven't explained why there are reams and reams of pipe sizing standards, charts, tables.

It might not be clever to most, but it is obviously far beyond your abilities.

Of course it matters which is why I suggested it was piped 28mm from boiler to meter. That half and half is a complete bodge. What would you have done then Dan? Half and half?

Sponsored Links
What about 2/3 and 1/3

There's no need for it all to be in 28mm

What about 2/3 and 1/3

The pressure at the meter is already low. Piping right through with 28mm is the best course of action. Don't you agree?

Sponsored Links
What about 2/3 and 1/3

The pressure at the meter is already low. Piping right through with 28mm is the best course of action. Don't you agree?

No, because the pressure at the meter is as per the industry standard.

As long as the pipework also meets the industry standard bs6891 (1mbar drop) then it can be a mixture of whatever size it likes to comply.

19-1bis 18 therefore worcesters requirements have been met, I wonder why they used 18.

Just a point to wonder, does the biggest pipe have to go nearest the meter or could it be piped 22mm for a distance then 28mm near the boiler.

What about 2/3 and 1/3

No, because the pressure at the meter is as per the industry standard.

As long as the pipework also meets the industry standard bs6891 (1mbar drop) then it can be a mixture of whatever size it likes to comply.

19-1bis 18 therefore worcesters requirements have been met, I wonder why they used 18.

Just a point to wonder, does the biggest pipe have to go nearest the meter or could it be piped 22mm for a distance then 28mm near the boiler.

It doesn't matter where the Venturi effect takes place within a pipe.

Lee I cant beleive you are asking that..just shows you really dont know everything ;)

Lee I cant beleive you are asking that..just shows you really dont know everything ;)

Please put my right then Alec as apparently you think there's a gap in my knowledge...please quote the relevant Law that is used to explain the principle so that Joe can Wikipedia it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back