low gas inlet pressure? is this a major problem???

Once again Joe 90 shows his total ignorance of anything to do with gas.

Just read 7 pages of his bullshitting and nearly ****ed myself laughing.

Or......maybe we are all wrong and should throw away our pipe sizing tables because according to Joe, the font of all knowledge, a little drop in pressure doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Give the insults a miss and tell me whether you would change half of the 22mm pipe to 28mm.

OMG Joe, you know nowt about anything do you ? How do you deal with voltage drop on an alarm system without even a basic understanding of Ohms Law ? And before you say you understand it, your posts demonstrate otherwise.

What makes you say he doesn't undestand ohms law? I've read nothing written by Joe-90 which would suggest that this is the case.

If you put a straight 6 metres in of 28mm the total drop acrosss the pipework would be 0.9mb (based on 3.9m³/hr and a total equivilant length of 15metres)

Tin hat on :)

Sponsored Links
No it wouldn't.
Read the original post.
The measured drop is considerably higher than it should be for the (stated) equivalent length.
Until someone identifies, and corrects this extra drop, the installation will not comply with regulations

As I said it is 22mm, about 13m long and I think it has got 4 elbows

Based on the information given that calculation is correct, but taking into consideration the words "about" and "I think" that is where the additional pressure loss will be.

There are 4 probable causes of this unexplained drop (and a couple of unlikely ones).
Only a competent engineer on site can identify the problem.

Joe, we've had a bit of a debate over in the club, and even thoug her can't agree on the exact size, we are agreed your still stupid!

Joe, we've had a bit of a debate over in the club, and even thoug her can't agree on the exact size, we are agreed your still stupid!

Then prove it. I'm not stupid enough that I can't spell.

:rolleyes:

Go back to the Clown Club.

My spellings ****e at the minute, well my typing on the iPhone seems to make it look that way.

On a loser again there Joe. Can't win on the clever stuff so resort to spelling and grammar again. How did you spell "illiterate" last night? Seem to remember an extra "e" in there somewhere?

On a loser again there Joe. Can't win on the clever stuff so resort to spelling and grammar again. How did you spell "illiterate" last night? Seem to remember an extra "e" in there somewhere?

I clipped it with my finger. There is no clever stuff. Fitting a bit of bigger pipe to a bit of thinner pipe is obviously a complete bodge. What would you say if I'd suggested it? :mrgreen:

But you think pipe size doesn't matter to gas pressure? Still haven't explained why there are reams and reams of pipe sizing standards, charts, tables.

It might not be clever to most, but it is obviously far beyond your abilities.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back