Low heat on water, Rads working ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant Eco Max 828/2e

Hi,

I've had a few issues with my boiler and heating over the last 2 weeks which i thought had been sorted but am now getting warm not hot water from my shower and taps.

I was thinking that the Diverter Valve was at fault as some of my rads where getting hot when the shower was running but have found that its from the Return not the flow and according to some boiler diagrams i've seen if it was this then the flow would heat.
After reading this forum for a day or two i ran the hot water and pressed the 'i' button on the boiler which gave S.53 - Delay mode due to lack of water in system (~20 mins.) and having first noticed the problem when i had a split in the Rubber Coupler Pipe in the boiler which needed changing i'm now thinking that some of the black 'crap' that was inside this pipe has gone through to the Secondary HEX and is therefore blocking the flow of mains water within the boiler.
Am i likely to be in the right ball park do you think ?

I've also had some work done this week as a bedroom rad has never worked properly and my living room one has struggled - the bedroom turned out that both sides were connected to the flow pipe so an easy fix, and the living room was down to there being a bypass tap connecting the flow to the return above my living room meaning that the water was taking the easiest route and heading straight back to the boiler (only reason we could think of for this was when all rooms were on TRV's to save the boiler pump running when all rads had turned off so at least there was somewhere to flow, but i now have a room stat in the hall which would turn it off when at temp). Previously i did notice heat in the floor of the bedroom when the heating hadn't been on but think that now that flow is going to the living room to i think thats why the water has got worse this week as theres more pipework to flow into.

I'm a diy'er at best but think very logically so tend to read up on things a lot and work as much out for myself as i can so was hoping to get an idea of the problem before calling the heating engineer out again. inthis case as he's a friend of my dads and i only ever pay him with a minimal amount to cover his time. (his choice not mine :))

Thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back