low hot water flow rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anybody help? I have a GRANT COMBI 90 MK11 which has a very low hot water flow rate.
static hot water pressure at the taps is approx 2 / 2.5bar but flow rate is very poor. Water pressure at meter on cold is 2 bar with flow rate 30 lt per min and good cold pressure and flow in the house. Boiler has had recent service, new heat exchanger and what looks like a new therm mixing valve along with new pipework from boiler to kit/bathroom. Heating works fine and hot water is hot just very very slow, takes hours to run a bath. My local heating engineer says its the heat exchanger but thats only 2 months old. HELP NEEDED PLEASE cos my better half is giving me a right ear bashing

Sponsored Links
Thanks but can you tell me whats wrong with the boiler

Sponsored Links
Why did you think he might be able to? He saw your question because you asked it in the part of the forum which is (clearly described as) the place where people can ask questions regarding the site, forum, wiki etc. Not ask questions about plumbing, central heating and hot water systems.

If you wanted your question to be seen by people who know about plumbing, central heating and hot water systems then you should have posted it in the sub-forum clearly described as "Questions, comments and enquiries related to plumbing, central heating and hot water systems", shouldn't you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back