Low Hot Water Pressure - Baxi Platinum Combi HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In the last couple of days the hot water pressure coming from my Baxi Platinum Combi has dropped sharply.

The mains pressure coming in to the house is still the same as ever i.e. more than sufficient.

There are no fault codes on the boiler and the central heating is fine. I did however notice that the pressure was a little low so opened the taps to increase it slightly, nothing happened though, I've done this previously and the water has come gushing in and brought it back up to where it needs to be.

So I'm guessing there's a blockage somewhere i.e. the pipework leading to to the boiler or a component within the boiler, any thoughts as to where or what? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

And if it matters, there's a combimate on the system.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
You seem to be confusing your pressures a little. Is it the pressure showing on the boiler's pressure gauge that has dropped sharply, or are you suffering from a reduced flow rate from your taps?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

The flow from the taps has dropped that's the main problem, I mentioned the pressure on the boilers gauge as I thought it might be worth noting as I wasn't able to increase that as well.

Hello,

This is a long shot, but I have the exact same problem with my boiler and was wondering if you found out the reason for the fault on your boiler.

Thanks for any info you could give me.

Sponsored Links
You would be better off starting a new thread Paul. Rather than digging up one nearly six years old. Tell us your boiler make / model and outline the problem.regards terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back