Low Hot Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently installed a new bathroom and had a few problems when it came to installing a new mixer shower... basically the cold is main fed throughout the house, we have no tank for the cold... so initially the cold was overpowering the hot water feed.... got it all sorted out using seperate pressurised feed for the hot water which we have for the shower in the en suite.

However, since this installation, my hot water tap in the en suite and downstairs loo is nothing more then a trickle. Can take ten minutes to fill the sink with hot water. It was fine before the bathroom installation. Its worth noting that both the hot water in the kitchen, utility room and bathroom all appear to be fine (although the bathroom isn't as good as the kitchen/utility but adequate).

Any ideas why this could be?

Im sure I read somewhere a while ago that it might be due to air being in the the pipes somewhere, caused by the cold water getting into the hot system when we had the problems with the shower mixer... and the way to fix it would be to connect the cold back to the hot supply by means of a hose pipe from the cold tap to the effected hot tap and then flush the air out.... but sounds a bit dodgy to me........ just wanted to check it was OK to do that or is it a complete waste of time and likely to cause me more problems?

Hope that explains it! :?:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back