Low pitch bonding gutter.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Hopefully you can help.

To set the scene, my neighbour and I have a low pitch roof (10 degrees so could be called fiat!) over the rear extensions. It was put up over an existing flat roof - probably to fix a leak and sold as a permanent solution before the builder ran away laughing. The problem is, it's slate. Not surprising it now leaks like a sieve on my side, but the neighbours don't want to touch theirs.

I'm comfortable with replacing it with forticrete centurion tiles myself, but I'm confused on the join - do bonding gutters, dry or secret, work at that pitch, or will I need to put a bigger lead gutter at the join? I don't really want to change pitch if i can find a way not to.

Thanks for any help.

Owen

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't try a bonding gutter at that pitch.
Why don't you make a channel out of lead were
the roofs meet

Cheers, that's what I was thinking, but not confident it would work without making a large area to the side. It might be worth raising my roof 10 cm on the same pitch, and running soakers, at least my side would be fine.

Sponsored Links
Yes it is, my hope was just to add depth to the rafter to gain the height, so less work than rebuilding. Would that work?

Oh, the reason I didn't want to change pitch is because the max I can achieve is 15 degrees and the two would be very similar at the eaves, leaving similar issues as I have now in joining them, whereas the same height or a continuous difference would be easier to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back