Low pitch roof minimum pitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I am replacing my house roof with IBR roof sheeting at a 5 degrees pitch, this as I understand is the minimum pitch for this roof sheet. I have read that a 10% gradient is recommended, so 5.7 degrees.

Does any one have any experience of low pitch roofs and what they would recommend, I have concern going for the minimum pitch with tolerances and deviations. The 5 degrees gives me the lowest material cost and also architecturally is the best option.

Many Thanks in advance.

Diviani

Sponsored Links
You can get capillary reaction happening if you are using more than one sheet for your run, so try and order your sheets to the length of your roof in one piece if you are going for a low pitch. I can buy them up to 7m long, also the end that is going into your gutter get a pair of pliers and bend the edge of the sheet to form a drip edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back