low pressure at hot water taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks, new here so be gentle.

ive got a vokera combi-boiler, which seems to work fine and dandy, rad circuit is ok, needs topped up occasionally but nothing to worry about.

the problem is my hot water taps, bath, wash hand basin (upstairs) and kitchen (downstairs).

as soon as they are switched on the pressure behind it would just about blow you away, but within a couple of seconds it fades to not much more than a trickle, and it has got to the stage where filling a bath is taking over half an hour. i think that while the taps are running, and just after they have been switched off i can hear air gurgling through the pipes.

is this what is causing it, and so how do i rectify it??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
billyl81 said:
nice try but up here we dont even have to worry about that stuff
Ah...the soft peat enriched water of the burn, turned into many a fine Single Malt ;)

Check square looking inlet valve on right hand side underneath boiler is fully open.

If fully open then restrictor is blocked.

Right hand rear connection to heat exchanger has a restrictor - either clean out or remove the center piece and O ring.

do i have to ope up the boiler to get into this connection gasguru? as i cant see a rear connection just now, just 5 in a line

Front panel has to come off to get to pipework.

You may want to consider getting a boiler engineer in to repair as you don't sound to confident in diy boiler repairs.

Should be a 10 minute job plus safety checks.

gasguru, thanks for the help, havent been able to get back on here in a while. pipework im ok with if thats all it is but i suppose i'd be better getting someone who really knows what they're doing, are
there any regulars on here from the glasgow area??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back