Low pressure at taps and shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2nd floor 2 bedroom flat with low pressure at all the taps and shower.

Whats the best solution to obtain good pressure at taps and shower and not lose pressure when more the 1 tap is used.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Is the water direct from the mains or via a tank?

Blup

I believe it's sometimes a flow issue rather than just pressure, i.e. some kind of bottleneck in the pipework.

Have you opened up the stop cock fully?

What other flats/units share the supply?

Blup

Sponsored Links
Stop cock opened fully at street and inside.
No others share as far as I know.

Maybe some sort of pipe blockage or possibly reduced flow through installation of new pipework, or valves with reduced bores: only speculation, I am a DIYER.

Blup

No others share as far as I know.
Has the flat got its own uninterrupted independent water main from the the street,if so what is the diameter,material,length of run ? Any water meter on this run.
Saying its a flat,is there a management company responsible for services exterior to the flat ?

some areas of the country have historically low water mains pressure,the property will have had the best suitable water utilisation installation when it was built. Alterations (extending) properties,fitting of mains water fed boilers & unvented cylinders need consideration and often a new water supply pipe from the water main is required although there is no guarantee at how good the flow/pressure will be.

can you get a local plumber to do some onsite tests ?

It may be but as @Hot&Cold mentions you really need someone to perform a pressure/flow test on your mains and check the distribution to see what you have to start with, no point bolting things on only to find it's a waste of cash.

Many thanks for the replies.

I had the homeboost fitted yesterday.
Looks like it's sorted the problem.

£150 Labour
Plus parts
Worked out £480

Is that fair?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back