Low pressure bathroom monoblock mixer taps.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
People,

I would greatly appreciate some assistance with the following.

I have a cold water storage tank in the loft. I am installing a new bathroom below and intend installing a monoblock mixer tap.

My local pumbers merchants have advised against going for a european tap manufacturer such as Grohe or Hansgrohe as I will have to pump the water to the mixer tap due to the head of water available. The distance between the absolute top of the tap and the water level in the tank is 74 inches which by my calculations is around 1.80 bar.

My local plumbers merchants suggested I should go for a tap manufactured by a British manufacturer such as Bristan or Crosswater who design taps for the British lower pressure system.

The problem I have is that Crosswater's taps specify a minimum pressure of 0.2 bar whereas I only have 0.18 bar available.

I cannot be the only person in the world who has come across this problem.

I intend speaking to Crosswater tomorrow but in the meantime can anyone advise on a manufacturer whos taps can allow 1.80 bar or in all reality should the Crosswater tap work fine???

Cheers

Need Help21

Sponsored Links
Most would measure the head available from the base of the cold water storage, giving a more pessimistic answer, as the water level will drop when filling a bath. It also allows a bit for friction losses in the pipework, and there's a better chance they can be pleasantly surprised with the result.

Any chance of raising the CWST higher up in the loft by, say, repositioning it on a 'table' built out of 4X2s, to make the most of what you have available?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back