Low pressure in Vaillant ecotec plus (NOT combi)

All the 600 series are system boilers.

800 series are the combis

400 series are open vent heat only.

OP refer back to my previous reply and statement about f&E tank ;)

Sponsored Links
thanks timmy turtle.

thats what i think i have started to realise during the day. that it needs to be sealed. i guess this would just involve turning off the f/e tank, and pressurising the system?

will be getting another plumber to do this, old one is obviously a cow boy :(. recommendations for w. london welcome.

In response to Bamber's question, whilst a 4 series can be open vent it can also be used in a sealed system with the relevant accessories.

Sponsored Links
Basically you need to cap off ..
The vent pipe (the one that goes over the top of the tank and in)
The cold feed to CH that comes from the lower part of the tank(which may join the vent at some point)
The main feed to the F&E (little tank) ball valve.
The chap who fitted it all should do it really :( as it is part of the initial installation,but obviously you feel you cant trust him.
Where in W London?

thanks Timmy. I am based in hammersmith. Looks like at least the work required isn't too much!

thanks for your help everyone!

Hi. I have similar problem with my open vent boiler. I do get an error f22. I did tryed to bleed all radiators, cheched pump and works fine, runned P0 to get air from system not sure what else I could do before I will call to the people who installed boiler. Any suggestions are welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back