low pressure mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a common problem. Fitted new stylish ensuite basin mixer tap, not enough hot water pressure. Mixer taps that work with low pressure are advertised 0.2, the one we have says 1.00. Does anyone know if these work, do not want to fork out for one if it won't.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Your cold header tank would have to be very high up indeed to deliver 1 bar of pressure.....you'll need the low pressure taps for your project, it seems.
John :)

As far as I remember, (soon to be corrected, I feel) 0.1 bar equals one metre of tank height, so if your taps require 0.2 bar, then the bottom of the header tank needs to be 2 metres above the level of the taps for full performance.
In practice, the taps work with less head than this.

Sponsored Links
Tank on same floor no loft. So it looks like a new unvented cylinder or a pump? Mega bucks :cry: Does anyone know of a "really quiet "pump?

As far as I remember, (soon to be corrected, I feel) 0.1 bar equals one metre of tank height, so if your taps require 0.2 bar, then the bottom of the header tank needs to be 2 metres above the level of the taps for full performance.
In practice, the taps work with less head than this.

Correct, gold star for you :) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back